Set of six antique silver plate forks by Walker and Hall, dated 1907.
Walker and Hall were established in Sheffield in 1845 by George Walker. Becoming an assistant of Dr. John Wright who had conducted important experiments on electroplating Walker secured the electroplating royalty for Sheffield. The business was joined by Henry Hall and became Walker & Hall in 1853, with branches were in Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Cardiff, Belfast, Hull, Bristol, Melbourne and Adelaide (Australia), Cape Town (South Africa), Wellington and Auckland (in New Zealand.
In 1963 the company was combined with Mappin & Webb and Elkington & Co as British Silverware Ltd. Walker and Hall Sheffield were primarily Sheffield Makers, but items with Birmingham, London and Chester Assay Marks can also be found.
In excellent condition. Forks measure 19cm in length.